*at the hub
1) big diameter antenna:- high quality one beamad against the sattelite.
2) RF terminal:- contains
HPA (high power amplifier):- to amplify the sending signal.
U/C (up converter) which convert the signal from MHZ to GHZ.
LNA( low noise amplifier):- to separate the noise from the signal.
D/C (down converter) which convert the signal from GHZ to MHZ.
3)IDU:- differ from BOD&TDMA system so will be explained in each section.
its diameter less than that at the hub.
2) ODU:- contains (HPA,U/C,D/C,LNA).
3) IDU:- differs from BOD&TDıMA system.
*A NETWORK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
A LAN network in the hub which control the whole system & preview the statistical
information that helps the adminstrator to keep the system works very well.
the diameter of the antenna is determined accorating to
1) its place from the sattelite.
2) data rate that it sends or recieve.
3) the diameterof the antenna that it is recieving from or sending to.
4) the power transmitted or recieved.
5) the BER ( bit error rate) required for the system.
Important links to me
Visit my nice page
ABDO ELGAMAL WEB PAGE